Medical Laboratory Functions:
- 1. Provision of primary and referral systems for diagnostic testing, and other relevant clinical information,
- 2. Conducting public health related research such as food safety, antimicrobial or antiviral resistance monitoring, and drug safety,
- 3. Monitoring, alert and outbreak response for infectious diseases.
Medicines Quality Control and Surveillance (MQCS) Laboratory Functions:
- 1. Testing medicines from across the region to monitor and verify their safety, quality and purity for compliance to pharmacopoeia specifications.
Environmental Health Laboratory (EHL):
- 1. Provides environmental analyses, including water quality monitoring, plant, soil and tissue analyses, food microbiological testing, indoor environmental quality monitoring and noise testing,
- 2. Supports implementation of environmental management programmes in states.
CARPHA also provides laboratory network coordination and regulation through CariPHLN. Read More